Upholstery and Leather Cleaning
Since you don't walk on your upholstery with dirty shoes, you don't track the dirt and grime from outdoors onto your upholstered fabrics. So it is only natural that you also don't realize how heavily soiled your sofa, love-seat and chair can become.
Dead skin cells, oils, dust, and other contaminants collect on your upholstery, though, and will only be removed through a thorough professional cleaning. Only the highly trained professional service staff that we employ, utilizing the Chem–Dry cleaning process, will have your upholstery sparkling clean, as well as dry and ready for use, in just hours instead of days.
Chem-Dry of Saskatoon uses less water and leaves less moisture behind than any other process, minimizing drying time and reducing the chance of mold, mildew, and bacteria growth. Millions of tiny effervescent bubbles burst dirt and stains from your upholstery fabrics, lifting them to the surface where they are thoroughly extracted. Our safe, non–toxic solutions actually help your fabrics stay as clean as when they were new.
Various types of leather require different care processes.
- Aniline – Also known as natural, pure, naked or unprotected leather.
- Protected – Also known as finished semi–aniline, everyday, pigmented and painted leather.
- Nubuck – Also known as chaps, distressed, bomber and suede leather.
Protect Your InvestmentLeather, when properly maintained, will last four or five times longer than fabric or man–made fibres. Over time, body oils, perspiration, skin acids and other soils can work their way into the leather. Many cleaning products currently on the market are not appropriate for leather – and they may break down leather finishes, promoting dryness and cracking. Chem–Dry leather care products are safe and effective for leather and have been endorsed by more than 300 tanneries and manufacturers.
Leather Scuffs, Scratches, Cuts and Fading
Over the life of your furniture, you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with leather furniture. Chem-Dry of Saskatoon Certified Technicians are trained to address these problems. Chem–Dry has 60 stock pigment colors similar to those used in the tanning process to repair the inevitable scrape or scratch on protected leathers. We can also revitalize color on sensitive aniline leathers.
Why Should I Clean & Protect My Leather?
- Oils & Grease – Body oils from both humans and animals attach and hold on to leather. Body oils are easily transferred to the head cushions and armrests of the furniture and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather.
- Atmospheric Soils – Consider the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week's time. This same dust is being deposited on your leather. Additionally, consider the airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollution that are present, to some degree, in every home. These elements can wear down leather over time.
- Common Soils – These soils include dirt tracked in from outside along with sand and fibres. from plants, brought into the home by people and pets.
- Dyes and Inks – The inks from newspapers and dyes from denim can transfer onto leather in a process called dye transfer. Additionally, the risk of ink from a leaky pen or the aspiring toddler who loves to draw should not be forgotten.
How Often Should I Clean My Leather?
A regular cleaning schedule includes professional cleaning two times a year is recommended.
Between professional cleanings, you can maintain the health and beauty of your leather furniture by cleaning with Chem–Dry Soft Cleaner and rejuvenating the protection with Chem–Dry Protection Cream. Both products are found in the Chem–Dry Home Leather Care Kit.
Call Us for Your Free Estimate!
Isn't it time you got your upholstery professionally cleaned? Call us now at (306) 934-5995 .